In line with the mission of Perio - the parent company of Barbasol and Pure Silk brands - the Barbasol Foundation was established in order to share the resources of the company with charitable causes. The main objective of the Barbasol Foundation is to support charitable organizations, specifically those focused on children. It is our hope that this page provides everything you need to know about our commitment to charitable giving.
The Barbasol Foundation considers funding requests from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. In line with Perio’s mission, the major focus of our contributions will help causes that benefit children. We also prioritize funding organizations operating within the county of Ashland, Ohio, the home of our manufacturing facility. The Barbasol Foundation also considers requests to support medical research, community food banks, homeless shelters, and other nonprofit social services as resources are available.
The Barbasol Foundation does not fund the following:
- Individuals seeking personal support
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation or the provision of services
- Churches and religious or sectarian organizations; however, a community program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered (e.g. food pantry.)
- Sports teams seeking sponsorship
- Schools requesting funds for extracurricular activities. However, programs specifically related to the support of disadvantaged children or higher education scholarships will be considered.
- Political candidates and political campaigns
- Organizations conducting fundraising on behalf of nonprofit agencies
A part of our charitable giving is our Barbasol Foundation grant program. These grants provide funds to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations for a specific program, project, or purchase. Before taking the time to apply, please read our funding priorities to determine whether your organization aligns with the Barbasol Foundation’s objectives.
Each year, the Barbasol Foundation makes grants to charitable organizations operating within the greater-Columbus area. Programs that provide food, shelter, clothing, health care, education and counseling to disadvantaged children and teens are given priority consideration. We may also consider requests to support community food banks, homeless shelters, and other nonprofit social services as resources are available.
At this time, we have suspended our traditional Ashland County grant program to expand our partnership opportunities in the northeast Ohio region. We look forward to working directly with organizations that closely align with our mission.
Columbus Grant Program Timeline
Application Deadline: August 15
Notification of Grantees: October 31
Grant Application Instructions
Access the Grant Application Here
- The application is a fillable PDF document. If you have any questions on the application or need accessibility accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your completed application as one file to email@example.com. Faxed or mailed applications will not be considered.
- Include with your application a copy of your organization’s most recent IRS form 990 or 990-EZ.
- If selected for a grant, your organization must submit a brief project completion report. This report will be requested one year from the date the funds are distributed.
We ask all organizations awarded a Barbasol Foundation grant to adhere to our publicity guidelines. The Barbasol Foundation requests that you:
- Include news of your grant in any publications or digital media you produce for internal or external audiences, such as newsletters, brochures, annual reports, lists of supporters, board minutes, website and social media.
- Include the Barbasol Foundation’s logo on brochures, digital media, signs or plaques that recognize funders at events or on facilities. We will provide the Barbasol logo for your use.
The Barbasol Foundation works with the Cleveland Foodbank to donate product to more than 650 programs in Northeast Ohio. This partnership enables the Barbasol Foundation to streamline and maximize our giving potential by eliminating freight costs and by targeting local communities in the counties of Ashland, Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Richland. By primarily giving back to the counties closest to our manufacturing facility, the Barbasol Foundation advances its commitment to supporting the communities that sustain our company. It is a commitment that we take seriously – this past year we donated over 5,000 cases of shaving cream to the Cleveland Foodbank!
If your non-profit organization is interested in receiving product donations and you are located within Ohio, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
My organization is seeking sponsorship or participation in our annual golf tournament that raises money for local charities. Would the Barbasol Foundation be interested in either of these opportunities for charitable giving?
Due to the high volume of inquiries that we receive in regards to charitable giving, we have streamlined our donation policy so that the only unsolicited requests we consider are applications through our grant program. If there is a way that your organization can make their request via applying for one of our competitive grants (keeping our funding priorities in mind), we would be interested in considering it as a form of charitable giving.
Do you accept applications for your competitive grants outside of the submission period?
Unfortunately, the Barbasol Foundation does not accept applications outside of the designated application period. We encourage early applicants to hold their applications until the submission process begins, and we hope that late applicants will consider applying during the next year’s grant cycle.
How often can I apply for a Barbasol Foundation competitive grant?
We accept and review applications for each grant program once per calendar year, and we do not limit the number of times an organization can apply.